At the Bank – Let’s talk about money, documents, accounts, deposits, interest rates, taxes

Clerk: Good afternoon, Sir! Can I help you?

Marc: Yes, please, I would like to close an account and open a personal, international one for business purposes.

Clerk: Give me your Identity card. I need your personal information.

Marc: Unfortunately, I don’t have my Identity card with me. Is the Passport Ok?

Clerk: Sure, let’s see. The account you want to close is empty. To close it you have to complete a standard form and attach a copy of the identification document to it. I will do one for you right away.

Marc: Oh, thank you. I didn’t have a copy anyway.

Clerk: Everything is in order. Now let’s see the account you want to open. Do you want it to be in euros or dollars?


Marc: In euros, please. I would also want to deposit some money.

Clerk: How much money do you want to deposit ?

Marc: 5000 euros.

Clerk: To deposit this amount you have to pay a 50 Euros tax, 1 per cent of the amount deposited.

Marc: What is the interest rate for this account ?

Clerk: The interest rate for the account you wish to open is 4,5 per cent a month.

Marc: Yes, that is pretty convenient.

Clerk: Yes, it is one of the most convenient accounts, but it can only be used by business people, legal persons. You will receive an abstract every month at this address.

Marc: Thank you very much, Sir ! You have been very kind!

Clerk: Thank you ! Good bye!
Newer Older