Family Reunion – We are employees in a foreign country and we go ask information about how to bring a family member to us

Clerk: Good afternoon, Madam. Can I help you?

Darcy: Yes, excuse me, good afternoon. I am a little confused.

Clerk: Please, pull yourself together. Tell me, calmly, what do you want?

Darcy: Well, the problem is I am a foreigner and I don’t know the law in force referring to family reunion procedures. You know, that we, as foreigners, have this right to bring our families with us.

Clerk: Sure, you are at the right place. To begin these procedures, you have to give some personal documents and information about your family, please.

Darcy: Of course, what do you need ?

Clerk: First of all, I need you to complete this family reunion form. Then, I need some personal data about your family, date and place of birth, occupation, monthly and yearly income, as well as copies of these documents.

Darcy: Here you are, all the documents. Last week I saw an ad with all the necessary documents, but I wasn’t sure. Anyway, here, in this folder you have all the documents you have asked for.

Clerk: Please, allow me to check. Tell me, please, how long have you had an employment contract?

Darcy: For seven years, I have been a full-time employee with a permanent contract. My boss has agreed to help me with these formalities and pay my taxes so that I could have this right that the English Government is giving foreigners who stay here legally.

Clerk: Very good, your information is valid. Your contribution record is up-to-date, everything is in order. In a month you will receive your reunion pass at the address from the form which will allow you to bring your family here.

Darcy: Thank you very much, Madam, you have been very kind.

Clerk: Don’t mention it. It’s Ok. Have a nice day.

Darcy: You too.
Newer Older