27 Asking and Telling time Expressions

 Learn how to ask and tell the time in English language with these questions, expressions and phrases.

  1. "What time is it?"
  2. "Can you tell me the time?"
  3. "Do you have the time?"
  4. "It's quarter past/to the hour."
  5. "It's half past the hour."
  6. "It's a quarter till the hour."
  7. "It's 5 after/before the hour."
  8. "It's 6 o'clock/midnight/noon."
  9. "It's early/late."
  10. "It's high time (something was done)."
  11. "It's about time."
  12. "It's time to go."
  13. "It's time for (something)."
  14. "It's not time yet."
  15. "It's ahead of time."
  16. "It's behind time."
  17. "It's on time."
  18. "What's the time by your watch?"
  19. "Could you give me the time, please?"
  20. "I'm sorry, do you have the time?"
  21. "Do you know what time it is?"
  22. "Could you tell me the time, I'm running late."
  23. "Excuse me, do you know the time?"
  24. "I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have the time?"
  25. "I'm sorry, I don't have a watch. Can you tell me the time?"
  26. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure of the time. Could you help me out?"
  27. "I'm sorry, I'm completely lost with the time. Could you give me the time, please?"
Newer Older
Join the conversation (0)
Post a Comment
comment url