About Profession and Work – Talk to others about our work, jobs, trades, professional occupations

Mary, Andrea, Alice, George and Robert are friends. Today, they talk to us about their jobs. Let’s see what they have to say:

Mary: I am a doctor, a pediatrician actually. I like children very much and I have always wanted to become a doctor. My job implies a lot of responsibility, but it’s very nice to cure the most delicate human beings: children.

Andrea: I have been an accountant for five years. I like my job and working with numbers. But let’s leave Alice to talk about her job as well.

Alice: Hello, everybody! My name is Alice and I am a secretary at an online sales company. I talk a lot on the phone and I use the computer every day. I always
meet new people and I have to speak a lot in English as we have many foreign customers. I like what I do and I don’t want to change my job.

George: I’m George and I am a math teacher. I work at a theoretical high school in London. I’m passionate about my job.

Robert: I am a clerk, and I work with the public just as Alice. I often meet very difficult people and what I do is not easy, but now it’s been ten years since I work in this office and I am used to it. What do you do?
Newer Older