At the post office - We write a letter- we write to someone we care about / a friend and we go buy an envelope and stamps and we send the letter

Paris, April 10th 2011

Dear friend,

I sent you three letters and I still haven’t received any answer. Are you all right? I’ve been in France for a month. I study French at the University. I haven’t made any friends here yet but there are many students from our country in the neighborhood where I live. It’s very beautiful at Paris and when I finish my studies I want to find a job here.

French is tough but I like it very much. I don’t make many mistakes.

I miss you. I salute you and our friends. I’m expecting a letter or a call from you.

Kind regards,

Ray


Postal clerk:Good afternoon, sir. How may I help you?

Ray:Good afternoon. Yes, please. I would like to send a letter to the U.S. Could you help me?

Postal clerk:Of course, let me have your ID.

Ray:There you go.

Postal clerk:Fill in this standard form first.

Ray:Ok, sure. Here you go. Is it ok?

Postal clerk:Let’s see. Yeah. You need to buy a 50 cent stamp and a normal envelope. Here you go.

Ray:How much?

Postal clerk:The envelope and the stamp cost one euro. Place your letter on the scale to see how much it weighs; 100 grams.

Ray:How much do I owe you for sending the letter?

Postal clerk:How would you like to send it, by air or land?

Ray:By air, please. When will it reach its destination?

Postal clerk:I need 10 Euros. The letter will be there within a day.

Ray:Thank you very much. Goodbye!

Postal clerk:Goodbye.
Newer Older